I was honored to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. First of all, I love the name. Everyone says, “Find Your Niche! If you want to monetize your blog, the first thing you have to do is find something people want to buy, and find your niche, find your niche, find your niche!” Well, I want to write about what I want to write about. I want people to read my stuff, and I would like to make some money, of course. But, I also want to enjoy doing this and not make it feel like it’s another job. So, my blog is about my life as a working Mom. I’m also a Christian, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister, etc. I write about whatever inspires me, and I feel may inspire others, or at least be helpful, so I would say I do NOT have a niche. Don’t care. I guess that makes me versatile!
I am touched that I was nominated by Busy Bee. Her blog is awesome, and we share a similar view on many things. She is a little sassy, very funny, and most importantly, honest. Check her out: Busy Bee – Blogging about creating a simpler, more meaningful life and the battle against busy.
I stole the description of this award and the photo from Busy Bee! I couldn’t have said it better . . . “The Versatile Blogger Award is for newer or smaller blogs. It was created to encourage engagement with fellow bloggers – to lift each other up and support each others’ hard work.” Since I have accepted this nomination (curtsy), I am to nominate some other blogs. I am very pleased to nominate the following:
Dawn at Just Doing My Best offers great advice about nourishing relationships, including marriage and friendships. She also offers encouragement about life, including fitness, and some great recipes. I love the name of her blog (because we’re all just doing our best) and her positive attitude.
Sarah’s blog is, well, versatile. She writes about traveling, and books, and even has an article asking “Can You Live Out of a Truck?”, in which she converted her pick-up bed into a cozy living space. She has a fun and fresh perspective and even started an online advertising site (mobileadhub.com) and is working on some other related ventures. I admire her ambition and courage. Her blog is I Am Sarah Kohl and you will enjoy it.
Susan at The Glorious Mom Blog lets us know that she is just a person, like the rest of us. Susan is also the wife of a Worship Pastor, so she probably has a little more pressure than most to make her life look picture perfect. But, she doesn’t try – she keeps it real – and I appreciate that! She also offers helpful parenting tips and recipes.
Keith is a Pastor and isn’t afraid to tackle the tough topics, including racial tension, marriage from a biblical perspective, and challenges within the church. I find his posts to be inspiring, courageous, insightful, and thought-provoking. The Light Breaks Through – Learning to Live Life in God’s Grace.
Please check out these fabulous blogs written by some genuine and lovely people.
My next task is to tell 7 fun facts about myself. Did you ever notice nothing makes you feel less fun than trying to think of fun things about yourself? Maybe it’s just me.
- I sing a lot. I used to sing in school, and have gotten some encouragement about my ability. The most encouraging thing is that my kids tell me to sing to them and to the radio.
- I am hooked on the TV show “The Good Wife”. I actually discovered this through reciprocating comments on a blog. The blogger gave a very positive review, so I decided to give it a look-see. I order it through my local library (see #3).
- I am on a first-name basis with the librarian at my local small town library. I even know the substitutes quite well. It all started when I first moved here 3 1/2 years ago and went to the library to study for my financial services exams. I learned that I can order books and movies from other libraries from a pretty good distance and have them delivered to the library of my choosing. It’s awesome.
- I am very uncool. I have no clue about sports or current music. The 19-year-old me would be very disappointed.
- My current car is only the second I’ve owned in my life that has an automatic transmission. My left knee is grateful.
- I started my own blogging group to use the things I liked about other groups, and get rid of things I did not. It’s a work in progress, but I hope the members are finding it useful. (Blogger Network)
- I really, really like cashews. And pizza. Why doesn’t anyone make cashew pizza? Hmmmm. Maybe not.